Describes the steps taken to read and validate an ARC record.
Both parsers work given the same input. Normally a version block is read first and after that a varying number of record are read until End-Of-File is encountered.
Steps to parsing an ARC version block:
The following steps are taken when parsing an ARC version block:
- The reader starts by reading 3 lines. (recordLine, versionLine and fieldLine)
- If the recordLine is non empty, it check for a leading "filedesc://".
- If the versionLine is non empty, parse and validate the version, reserved and origin fields.
- If the fieldLine is non empty, identify which field version is being used. Default to v1.0 is unidentified.
- If the recordLine is non empty, parse and validate all the record fields.
- Checks for valid record length.
- Process payload if present. (V1.1 feature)
Steps to parsing an ARC record:
The following steps are taken when parsing an ARC record:
- We use the same crystal ball.