Description of the reference system being developed based on the concrete Architecture defined in the project.
The reference implementation of the system is shown on the right. The setup shown here includes:
- Concrete pillars: The pillars implemented in the bitrepository.dk system.
- Infrastructure: The central infrastructure used in the Coordination Layer.
- Reference libraries: Can be used for implementing Bit Repository components. The Reference pillar, services and webclient are based on these libraries.
- Reference services: The Services running in the system for monitoring and aggregation information. All the reference services expose REST interfaces for accessing their functionality.
- Enduser client: A typical client used by the enduser. The reference web client and command line can be used here for accessing the different functionalities in the system.
The reference libraries serves as the basis of bitrepository.org http://bitrepository.org, and are used as building blocks for the higher level bitrepository.org http://bitrepository.org services and clients.
Documentation on the concrete services in the reference implementation.
- Alarm service description — The alarm service responsibility is to listen for alarms, store and provide access to alarms and alert of received alarms.
- Audit Trails Service description — The audit trails service purpose is to collect, store, and secure audit trails, along providing access to them.
- Integrity service description — The integrity services purpose is to monitor the state of integrity on a per collection basis. This is done by periodically collecting information about files and their checksums on each pillar. Based on the collected information the state of integrity can be determined.
- Monitoring service description — The monitoring service is tasked with monitoring the availability and responsiveness of components in the repository, and sending alarms in case of discovered problems.
- Description archive
The reference code based includes a full implementation of a pillar.
- Checksum reference pillar — Provides functionality for running a pillar with a copy of checksums for all files.
- Full reference pillar — Provides functionality for running a full pillar with files stored on disk.
- Command line client — Describes the command line client
Defines the system settings for the reference components.