Agenda for the joint BNF, ONB, SB, KB and BNE NetarchiveSuite tele-conference 2016-11-29, 13:00-14:00.
- BNF: Lam, Annick, Sara
- ONB: Michaela, Andreas
- KB/DK: Søren, Stephen, Tue
- SB: Sabine, Colin
- BNE: Mar
- KB/Sweden: -
NAS 5.2 Release
NetarchiveSuite 5.2.x Release Notes
Upcoming developments and plan for 5.3 release
NAS workshop in Vienna
Date and participants: http://doodle.com/poll/mvgm5w2v3bk6dsc7
Review of possible topics: 2017 NAS workshop
Status of the production sites
The third broad crawl 2016 finished on 30 september. The same applies for the crawls of ministeries and ultra-big sites.
A roadmap for event crawls of parliamentary and local elections is almost in place. Thus we will be able to identify candidates rapidly and press the start button as soon as the call for election is out.
Our new crawl strategy is in place.
We gave our Social Media crawls a makeover. We have revised the list of Twitter profiles and hashtags and started to crawl Danish Instagram profiles.
NAS 5.2 is implemented in our test environment. We had a bug with the job ending – the jobs did not finish. Probably solved by now, we are testing again.
- In November we are also starting the first crawls related to the 2017 French presidential elections, as the primaries for both the centre/right and the ecologist candidates are being held. We will have two crawls, one for the results of the ecologist primary and the build-up to the centre/right primary, and another at the end of the month for the results of the centre/right.
- Our broad crawl is still running, about to end (we expect to harvest c. 84TB).
- We released a new "Parcours guidé" (collection highlight) on 1990s archives which was written by researchers.
- We are giving access to a prototype with full text search of our 1996-2000 collection using Shine.
- On November 23, we celebrated 10th anniversary of the law that gave us our legal mandate and the 20th anniversary of the very first web archives. We organised with Ina a one-day conference with 150 participants and 40 speakers.
- The crawl about our presidential elections still running
- Compressing of all metadata arc Files by using the jwat tools is finished. We did gain around 1,7 TB which is more than expected and this helps us a lot.
- In Production we switched now to NAS 5.2 stable.
- On November, 7th, we celebrated a working meeting at the National Library with web curators from the Library and from the regional libraries to update our collaborative work on non-print legal deposit and web archiving.
- All of them are using intensively the Spanish version of BCWeb (what we renamed CWeb), but in a preproduction environment to avoid eventual dangers. And then we export to production CWeb those seeds they want to run and be crawled. So many of our regional libraries are building now there own web collections.
- November 29
- January 3, 2017
Any other business?