Welcome to the Java Web Archive Toolkit
This wiki describes the overall packages and also includes some detail on how the main classes are implemented.
For more fine grained information about the API the javadocs should be consulted.
This toolkit includes
- Classes to read and validate Arc, GZip and Warc files.
- Support for reading and validating GZip compressed Arc and Warc files.
- Common classes for Base64, Base32 and Base16.
- Various special purpose stream implementations.
The code was originally intended for use only in a number of JHove2 modules, but since the classes could be of use outside JHove2 an independent project was created.
The toolkit has the following package layout:
- jwat-common: General purpose classes including specialized streams, binary->string encoding and common arc/warc http-response/payload code.
- jwat-gzip: GZip input-stream/entry reader/validator.
- jwat-arc: Contains Arc reader/validator specific classes.
- jwat-warc: Contains Warc reader/validator specific classes.
Maven is required to build the project.
Currently there are no external dependencies.
OBS: The code base was moved from Bitbucket to Github on the 30th march 2018. Older releases points at the Bitbucket version