- Ensure all committed code since last release is reviewed. Simply go through each commit, and check in the review table that this commit is reviewed.
- Ensure all bugs since last release have been evaluated not to block release. Simply go through each bug and check if it has been evaluated.
- Ensure all fixed issues for the release can be set to status
Ready for release test.
- Update dk.netarkivet.common.Constants.BUILDSTATUS to CODEFREEZE.
- Commit file and push file to Github.
- Send mail to netarchivesuite-users mailing list about state of code. The mail should contain guidelines to what is allowed and expected during code freeze, and a brief list of important features of the upcoming release.
Phase 3. Actual release
- Update dk.netarkivet.common.Constants.BUILDSTATUS to RELEASE.
Commit the file and push to Github.
- Check that the build is green on Jenkins.
Check the local code builds and can be deployed.
mvn clean javadoc:javadoc deploy
- Create the release.
Phase 4. End of codefreeze
- Update dk.netarkivet.common.Constants.PATCHVERSION version number with one minor version
- Set BUILDSTATUS to UNSTABLE
- Modify pom version if not done so correctly by 'mvn release:perform'.
- Commit and push file.
- Send end-of-codefreeze mail to netarchivesuite-devel.