Page tree

Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.



Broad crawl: first step of our third broad crawl for 2018 started on August 25 and is still ongoing.

Selctive crawl: September 5 is the official commemoration day for Danish soldiers, who had been deployed in war or conflict zones. Together with partners from the Danish National Archives we are running an event crawl on this commemoration. We used BCWeb for the nomination of the url’s. Everything went fine – Steven has hardcoded the needed schedules, as we have no schedules with integrated hops with Heritrix 5. But after the fourth crawl all crawls failed without any changes. We made test crawls with the BCWeb schedules – they work fine. We still have not solved the problem. So we created a “replacement” event harvest definition without using BCWeb.

Open wayback: We are now able to display pages using https, but far from all https-pages. For instance we are not able to display social media pages.

Blacklight (fulltext search): the facets to refine a search do not work.

SOLRWayback: we made some tests in our production environment. The results are promising: we are able to display pages form Twitter and Facebook crawls after they started using https. Now the most important is to resolve problems with the proxy browser setup.




  • We started our Domain Crawl for 2018, which is running since the beginning of August
  • And we started two selective Crawls. One is about 100 years democratic republic Austria and one about Presidency of the Council of the European Union
  • Pullrequest to merge for the next release



Our selective crawls are running as usual. We are considering launching a couple of new selective crawls on “Gastronomy” (which is an important topic in Spain) and “Folklore and popular traditions”.

We have a big gap on collections about important fields like Language and Literature, History, Social Science, Biology and Medicine or Science and Technology, as we don’t have special departments in charge of this kind of collections. We have signed an agreement with the University Libraries Network in Spain (REBIUN) for them to cooperate with us on selecting and managing web collections on these fields. In the meantime, we are creating a basis with a small bunch of seeds per subject.

We are still working on a new search interface that can provide access by collection and subject.

We are also considering the possibility of opening the access on internet to our web archive excluding the previous year, following the example of the Portuguese Web Archive. We have to consult our legal staff yet to be sure that we prevent claims or complaints from the web content providers.

Our IT team has installed the version 5.4.2 in the pre-production environment. The problem of jobs duplication that we experienced in the previous version is solved.