- The returned audit trails should be ordered oldest first.
- No more than the maximum number of results specified in the request should be delivered.
- If the contributor itself only allows for transmitting fewer results than specified in the request the component should keep to its own maximum.
- If the contributor have has more audit trails than could be sent in the response, then the response should be marked as a PartialResult.
- If limitations by minimum or maximum timestamp or sequence number is present, the results should be inclusive.
- If a minimum limitation is in place, then first result should matche match the minimum limitation.
- If a maximum limitation is in place, then the last result should not be after the limitation. If the number of results is larger than the allowed maximum, the response should be marked as a PartialResult.