This is a manual for installing the software in a distributed environment, including how to use the deploy software which makes it easy to configure and install the software. It requires some technical background to understand and use this manual.
This manual describes how to install the NetarchiveSuite web archive software package.
We first describe how to use the included deploy software to configure and install a distributed NetarchiveSuite installlation. The deploy software offers a way to gather settings for multiple machines in one configuration file, greatly simplifying the job of configuration and installation. This software generates the installation and start/stop scripts for a multiserver NetarchiveSuite system.
If you are hampered by any limitations in the deploy software, it is of course possible to make your own custom made installation scripts. An inspection of the scripts generated by the deploy software will probably help you in this respect.
For description of the configurations used for installation, please refer to the Configuration Manual
- Installation Overview — This page describes the scope of this manual, it's intended audience, and some limitations in the standard deploy software included with NetarchiveSuite.
- Choose an Installation Scenario — This page describes the architectural choices to be made before configuring a NetarchiveSuite installation.
- Functionality of the Deploy Software — This page describes the high-level functionality of the NetarchiveSuite deploy software and the hierarchical scoping of deployment parameters.
- The Deploy Configuration File — This page introduces and describes the deployment configuration file.
- Manual installation of the NetarchiveSuite — This page describes alternative installation scenarios for cases where the automatic deploy is not adequate.
- Starting and stopping the NetarchiveSuite — This section describes how to start and stop the NetarchiveSuite.
- Monitoring a running instance of NetarchiveSuite — This page describes how to use JMX to monitor running applications in NetarchiveSuite.
- Appendix A - Necessary external software — This page describes the various external software dependencies in NetarchiveSuite.
- Appendix B - Starting Netarchivesuite automatically — This page contains a description of how to make the applications start automatically when the operating system is starting.