- The overall preparation is continuously defined and implemented
- Setting the exact successcriteria together with the developers for each implementation task
- Preparing the release test description, data and platform for the releasetest
- A reliable releasetest for all changes made in the actual iteration
- A releasetest ready for execution just after the last iteration task is finished
- The Test Coordinator
During the iteration the following task need to be performed by a proactive Testcoordinator (MSS):
- The creation of the Wiki test release page happens soon after the start of the iteration. The simplest way of doing this is to copy the previous Release test reports.
- The Test Coordinator will work together with the developer to decide who is responsible for implementing the releasetest.
- Before the implementation of a task the deleloper defines how the release test can be implemented. Unit tests may be sufficient testing so that a proper release test is not necessary.
- Accepted by the test coordinator.
- The tests covers the need for each iteration. By development iterations - not production releases - the test focus is only on the code areas, that may be affected by the changes.
- That documentation will be verified.
- That each release test is checked as far as possible before the start of the release test
- That there is clean up of the release test page for old test cases and bug test items.
- That the time for preparation and execution of the release test is fair.
- That the platform has sufficient capacity (disk space platforms ..)
- That each test ready for execution is spread out to different testpeople
- After the iteration has been started and tasks distributed by [[Process Role/Project Leader|project leader]]
- Before [[Process/Code Freeze|code freeze]] within the iteration
- Component owners are responsible for testdata and sanity checks and for providing the test coordinator with a list of bugs fixes and a sanity check descriptions
- a reliable releasetest - just in time