Agenda for the joint NetarchiveSuite tele-conference 2020-06-09, 13:00-14:00.
- BNF: Clara, Sara, Géraldine, Alexandre
- ONB: Andreas
- KB/DK - Copenhagen: Tue, Stephen, Anders
- KB/DK - Aarhus: Sabine, Kristian, Colin
- BNE: Alicia, Nuria
- KB/Sweden: Pär, Peter
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
Or an H.323/SIP room system:
Meeting ID: 104 443 571
Or Skype for Business (Lync):
Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 or +45 32 71 31 57
United Kingdom: +44 203 051 2874 or +44 203 481 5237 or +44 203 966 3809 or +44 131 460 1196
Finland: +358 9 4245 1488 or +358 3 4109 2129
Sweden: +46 850 539 728 or +46 8 4468 2488
Norway: +47 7349 4877 or +47 2396 0588
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656
Meeting ID: 104 443 571
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/acRu0MV3xJ
You can join a meeting by using apps from a pc, a tablet or a smartphone, but you can also use the browser based version (it works with newer versions of Chrome or Firefox)
Update on NAS latest tests and developments
Feedback on latest tests and integration process.
BnF PRs on H3 have been accepted and included in a new Interim release.
Latest H3 release is thus now: https://github.com/internetarchive/heritrix3/releases/tag/3.4.0-20200518
Release notes: https://github.com/internetarchive/heritrix3/wiki/Release%20Notes%20-%20Heritrix%203.4.0-20200518
Status of the production sites
Our event harvest on the Coronavirus is ongoing – of course.
We are running step 2 of our first broad crawl for 2020 – with a domain bite limit of 16 GB.
We are working on upgrading NAS to version 6
Our IT-colleagues made some improvements on SolR wayback. Now we can replay Twitter API-harvests with SolR wayback.
We downloaded the Danish part of USENET from Internet Archive’s filhosting.
We always had and still have a good dialog with our researchers, they are showing interest for the coronavirus event crawl.
Last not least something, which might be of special interest for you: one of our students found the following Tiktok ranking page:
Here you have the possibility to rank/filter tiktok posts, for example by country.
We are working on a new version of BC web, with some bug fixes and new features. Main features are:
- for each collection, a list of suggested keywords can be defined by the administrators. These keywords are then proposed to the user when a record is created or updated, but are not mandatory. A contextual help can also be defined by the administrators to guide users in their use of keywords.
- possibility to duplicate a collection (for the admins),
- possibility to duplicate a record,
- in advanced search, possibility of performing a search in several selected collections simultaneously,
- when a record is created or modified, the search for similar URLs is now case-insensitive,
The new version will be put into production during the summer.
Another information : Géraldine will leave the web archiving team on the 1st of July. She will stay at the BnF and will work, from this date, at the Reader's Orientation and Bibliographic Search department. We are very grateful to her for the great work accomplished with the team for many years, and we wish her great success in her future job.
* We are still working in the Coronavirus collection. We have more than 14 Tb of information and more than 3,000 seeds.
* We have tested BCWeb version 6.1 before uploading it to the production environment but we have found some problems.
- July 7, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- October 6, 2020
- November 3, 2020
- December 8, 2020
- January 5, 2021
Any other business?