The NetarchiveSuite software is developed and maintained by The Royal Danish Library (previously two separate institutions - The Royal Library Copenhagen and the State and University Library Aarhus) together with the National Library of France (BnF) and the National Library of Austria (ONB). The National Library of Spain (BNE) and National Library of Sweden (KB-SE) are also active members of the development project.
The NetarchiveSuite is a complete web archiving software package, developed from 2004 and onwards, and used in production to harvest the Danish web since 2005. The primary function of the NetarchiveSuite is to plan, schedule and run web harvests of parts of the Internet. It scales to a wide range of tasks, from small, thematic harvests (e.g. related to special events, or special domains) to harvesting and archiving the content of an entire national domain. The software has built-in bit preservation functionality. The systems architecture allows for the software to be distributed among several machines, possibly on more than one geographical location. The NetarchiveSuite is built around the Heritrix web crawler, which it uses to harvest the web.
To get started with NetarchiveSuite, download it and try it out with our Quick Start installation setup, which only requires one standard Linux machine.
The software is released with full source under the LGPL license.
- Documentation — This page provides links to all the NetarchiveSuite documentation.
- Releases and downloads — You can find the list of of NetarchiveSuite releases here.
- Curators — Information on curator related NetarchiveSuite issues.
- Development — Development related information
- Project — Project information
- Usages —
- Subprojects and tools — List of the subprojects run in parallel to the core project:
- Free text search — You can find information on how free text search is done in NetarchiveSuite.
Sign up to SBForge (top left corner) and send email@example.com a request for participation.
NetarchiveSuite 5.0-RC1 ready
Jun 09, 2015
Finished moving source code to GitHub
Jun 11, 2014
NetarchiveSuite 4.4 is now ready
May 12, 2014
Initial proposal for agenda ready
Nov 09, 2011
Final date set to 24-25 november
Sep 21, 2011