This documentation no longer updated - see https://github.com/kb-dk/wowza-modules
In production on larm.fm (and chaos.larm-archive.org/web) the following two services are used:
- rtmp://hyperion.statsbiblioteket.dk:1937/chaos (program files)
- rtmp://hyperion.statsbiblioteket.dk:1936/chaos (24 hour files)
In stage, we use the server pasiphae
In test, the server iapetus is used, and shared with mediestream
The code is hosted at github:
A mockup service emulating a very limitied specific subset of MCM 2 can be found here:
Wowza 4.0.3 must be installed in /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.3 http://www.wowza.com/pricing/installer
You will need a developer license: http://www.wowza.com/streaming/developers
The Wowza Server AddOn Collection 4.0 must be installed in /usr/local/WowzaServerAddOnCollection-4.0 http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?113
The first time you run Maven, you must run "mvn validate" to install the Wowza libraries in your local maven repository.
We are using Maven. mvn package will build everything. The final distributable for LARM-CHAOS is
This contains two vhosts for LARM/CHAOS which bundles the right plugins with default configuration.
Update the CHANGELOG
Use maven release plugin.
Make sure your maven configuration has permissions for releasing to sbforge.org, see Maven#SBForgeNexus
mvn release:prepare mvn release:perform
This will release the plugins to https://sbforge.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/dk/statsbiblioteket/medieplatform/wowza-chaos-vhost/
- MCM 2 Authentication Plugin — This plugin monitors the action to play streams, and prevents the stream from playing if user is not authorized in MCM 2.
- MCM Authentication Plugin — This plugin monitors the action to play streams, and prevents the stream from playing if user is not authorized in MCM.
- MCM Statistics Plugin — This plugin monitors the actions on streams, and logs them in MCM.
- Release test procedure
- SB Content Resolver Plugin — This module translates Streams with DOMS UUID's into file names in the content directory.
- SB Database Statistics Plugin — This plugin monitors the actions on streams, and logs them in a database