The procedure for creating a releasing of the Bitrepository system.
We use Mavens release functionality for the system.
- Check that all issues marked for inclusion in the release are resolved.
- That the status of the build is green.
- Create a directory to make release the code from:
- Checkout the code to this directory:
- Verify that the relevant build steps work correctly:
- Prepare the release.
release plugin documentation for details):
This will (see the
- Run all tests.
- Verify that all dependencies are versioned (not snapshots).
- Updated all pom to release version (will ask for the version number).
- Commit and tag the updated poms (will ask for tag).
- Update poms to next snapshot version (will ask for version).
- Commit the updated poms.
- Perform the release. release plugin documentation for details): This will (see the
- Write release notes. Use the release notes template.