The focus for this release is performance and scalability.
- The integrity and audit trail service ingest processes are now much faster and scale to millions of files. The same goes for the checksum reference pillar.
- The thread model for the services has also been improved, allowing the service tomcat to run with a much smaller memory footprint (256MB) and makes it possible to be shutdown the tomcatserver cleanly.
- Audit trail collection schdule information has been added to the GUI.
- The alarm service now uses a durable listener to avoid losing alarms during alarm service downtime.
Updating from 1.1
A index has been added to the checksum DB for the reference pillar to enhance performance for getFileIDs operations.
To update the database do the following:
- Derby: Either just run the reference pillar and integrity service, which will automatically update the DB, or run the sql/derby/checksumDB2to3Migration.sql script on the DBs.
- PostgreSQL: Run the sql/postgres/checksumDB2to3Migration.sql script on the reference pillar and integrity service DBs.