The Put File operation or put file functionality places a given data object/checksum in the bit repository identified with a given file ID. The given ID can be used for later access of the file, and it must be unique within a SLA. The put file operation may only put the data to certain pillars if this is specified explicitly.
Put is the function that ingests data into the Bit Repository.
See BITMAG-54@jira for Put specification status
User stories for Put File operations.
- Failed puts acts reasonable on re-put
- PutFile to all pillars in a SLA (including a checksum pillar) — From the user point of view, this is how a file is put into the bit repository.
- Put File to single checksum pillar — Put File to a single checksum pillar is a corrective action.
- PutFile to single full copy pillar — PutFile to a single pillar is a corrective action.
- Put to single pillar with delayed write to media (off-line media pillar)
- Put File Client Process - ordinary upload to all pillars
- PutFile Client Process - PutFile targeting a single pillar
Requirements on Get File for all pillars that offer data file preservation
Implementation notes for PutFile functionality