This is the rationale behind our choice of ActiveMQ as messaging softwareWe have chosen ActiveMQ as messaging software for the pilot, for the following reasons
- It's easy to set up
- It seems to support every feature we have requested till now
- Its widely used
- It supports SSL encrypted communication
- There is wide support for messaging protocols: OpenWire, REST, Stomp, WS Notification, XMPP, AMQP.
- There is persistence support
- Clustering is supported (Active/Fallback)
ActiveMQ is *not* an Enterprise Service Bus, but a messaging provider. Till now we have not met any need for more than basic messaging in terms of queues and topics.