Describes the BitRepository system that is currently in production at KB.
See System overview and Reference system for a better understanding of the system components.
For more information about the reference FileExchange, that is used in production, see File Exchange protocol.
Describes the clients used for accessing the BitRepository system.
- NetarchiveSuite archive POC — POC usage by the NetarchiveSuite project as bitrepository.
Information about the BitRepository pillars. This includes those that have been developed, and those that are deprecated.
- KB pillar — Non-opensource pillar hosted KB.
- SB Pillar — Non-opensource pillar developed by SB. In production there is currently both a disk- and a tape-based version.
- Hermes — This is an independent pillar implementation that is being developed by Capgemini.
- Mediator Pillar — TODO
- Checksum pillars — The BitRepository checksum pillars are pillars that contains only the checksum of all the files. In production these are built on the reference pillar code.
- SA pillar (Discontinued) — Pillar hosted by SA. This pillar project was initialized by SA, but it was never finished. Due to the aforementioned it is not used in production, but left here in-case the project is resumed.
In the BitRepository we use ActiveMQ https://activemq.apache.org/ brokers as the message bus.
- Message bus — Description of the message bus we use in the BitRepository system.
- Division of message content between xml and message headers — Certain information must be accessible to the message bus in order to route the messages and for the clients and pillars to distinguish messages. On the other hand, for confidentiality and integrity reasons it is desirable that most information is exchanged within the signed and possibly encrypted xml in the message body.
- Queues and topics — Messages are sent over the message bus. For optimal performance, messages may be sent over dedicated queues and topics. This page describes a suggested use of queues and topics.
- Coordination Layer — The coordination layer is a logic container for all communication related concerns in the Bitrepository system.