Overview of the systems structural elements and relationships based on a concrete architecture.
Note that the documentation here describes a specific architecture chosen based on the general Protocols.
General overview of the system architecture and functionalities.
This describes the protocol for the Bit Repository.
- Message exchange protocol —
- File Exchange protocol — Describes the underlying protocol used as the File Exchange.
- Protocol versioning — Describes how a system of components supporting different versions of the protocol should work.
- Operations descriptions — Documentation of the different operation primitives that the protocol describes
- DeleteFile — Operation to remove a file from one or more pillars in a collection
- GetAuditTrails — Operation to retrieve audittrails for a specific collection from one or more contributors
- GetChecksums — Operation to get checksums from one or more pillars in a given collection.
- GetFile — Operation to retrieve a single file from a collection.
- GetFileIDs — Operation to get fileIDs from one or more pillars in a given collection.
- GetStatus — Operation to retrieve status from components in a repository
- PutFile — Operation to ingest a file on one or more pillars in a collection.
- ReplaceFile — Operation to replace a file on one or more pillars in a collection.
Description of the security model of the Bit Repository
- Encryption — To prevent anybody from eavesdropping on the bit repository data and messages exchanged, all communication is encrypted.
- Authentication — To ensure messages are transmitted, untampered signature based authentication is used.
- Authorisation — Describes how messages requesting operation on a collection are checked against the permission model.