Use apt-get or similar
See the Maven installation guide
See SBForge parent pom site for details (select the relevant version).
- The Maven add-on needs to be installed. Verify this is the case under File -> Settings -> Plugins.
- Set the M2_HOME environment variable to point to the Maven installation. either directly in IntelliJ or in the general system variables. Eg. under ubuntu add the line M2_HOME=/usr/share/maven2/ to the /etc/environment file, log out, and log in again.
- (Optional): Configure IntelliJ to download source and javadoc for project dependencies. Find the File -> Setting -> Maven -> Importing configurationpage and check the Automatically Download Source/Javadoc options.
- When opening new projects in IntelliJ use the Import from external model option to select a Maven project
See the M2Eclipse plugin.
If you wish to access the artifacts found in the SBForge MAven repository include the following section in your project pom:
If you wish to access the plugins found in the SBForge Maven repository include the following section in your project pom:
Adding SBProjects Nexus to settings.xml
If you need to deploy to SBForge Nexus you need to specify specify your credentials in the ~/.m2/settings.xml file as show here: settings.xml. You can encrypt the password as described here: Password Encryption.
If you already have an exist settings.xml file, you should merge the contents of the downloaded file into the existing settings.xml by hand.
SBForge parent pom
To use the SBForge specific configurations include the SBForge parent pom in your project pom:
The pom includes:
- Distributions settings for the SBForge Nexus repository manager.
- Additional Maven site definitions.
See SBForge-parent site for details and newest version.