Listing of the Eclipse plugins relevant for SBForge integration.
Plugins can be installed by numerous methods.
- Eclipse Marketplace
- Manually by adding update sites
- OS package management system
Eclipse Marketplace: (Use for Eclipse 3.6 and newer)
- Go into Help -> Eclipse Marketplace..
- If Eclipse Marketplace is not present, it must be installed as a plugin (see installation instructions below)
- Search for the relevant plugin (e.g. 'sonar') and click on the relevant install button.
- Finish go through the installation process.
Manual addition of plugins:
- Going into Help -> Install New Software...
- Paste the update site for the plugin into the top Work with field add click Add...
- Name the update and click Ok
- Wait for the functionality options for the update site is loaded and select the relevant features.
- Finish up the selections and start the installation.
OS packagemanagement system: (Linux only)
Some Linux distributions will package Eclipse and plugins in a modularised manner. Fedora for instance packages Subclipse and Mylyn as individual packages.
Installation of Eclipse Marketplace:
- Go into Help -> Install New Software...
- Choose the appropriate repository (in Eclipse 3.6 that is Helios Milestone Repository) from the drop-down box next to Work with
- Should the repository not be there it must be activated by clicking on Available Software Sites
- Under General Purpose Tools the item Marketplace Client can be chosen for installation.
- Subclipse — Subversion integration
- Atlassian connector for Eclipse — Integrates Eclipse to JIRA, Fisheye and Crucible
- M2Eclipse — Makes Eclipse Maven2 aware
- Mylyn — Task and application lifecycle management (ALM) framework for Eclipse, needed for JIRA integration
- Eclipse Sonar — Integrates Eclipse to SBForge Sonar. This include code style integration (Checkstyle)